Board Member Responsibilities
Term: Renewable three-year term.
- Participate in:
- Defining the organization’s mission, making policy, and strategic planning,
- Hiring and general oversight of the Executive Director and Music Director,
- Ensuring adequate resources for the financial health and stability of the organization, and
- Reviewing Board performance.
- Attend the 6-8 meetings each year and familiarize yourself with the issues discussed.
- Attend SFCMP concerts whenever possible.
- Serve on one or more of the Board’s standing committees.
- Pledge and make an annual financial contribution at a level that is substantial for the individual Board member.
- Understand, believe in, and help represent to the community the mission of the organization.
- Help recruit new audience members and prospective Board members for the organization.
- Participate in recruiting, cultivating, and soliciting donors.