– That all depends on what one thinks new music is.
– Because without new music, the symphony as the ultimate white man’s cover band becomes our only musical vernacular and the art form suffers the potential to get stale.
– It is the nature of the human being to move forward. And this motion should be in all fields of human endeavor to avoid stagnation and feed the desire for progress.
– As music is one of the lower sciences, when we experiment no one gets hurt.
– Would you rather work in a day care center or a convalescent hospital?
– Isn’t Beethoven’s Beethoven more appealing than someone else’s Beethoven?
– Composers are people too.
– Why stop now?